Spring 2022 One Room Challenge Week 1- Room Reveal, Inspiration, and The Plan
It's that time again! I participated in my first ever One Room Challenge last year when I made over the dining room. Turns out, I didn't love the design I came up with in eight weeks and I've been in the process of reworking the entire space ever since. But I did love everything else about the process, working alongside other creatives, having a hard and fast deadline, and getting to share the progress every week! So here I am throwing my hat in the ring for another One Room Challenge!
I had lots of you guessing what room I was planning to tackle for this on Instagram and many of you guessed correctly- I will be overhauling our laundry room!
Our laundry room is super functional already, but the aesthetics of the space leave a lot to be desired.
I started pinning ideas for this space last year. It was after finding this wallpaper that everything started to click. I just knew I had to find a spot for it in our home. Here are a few of the spaces that I pinned while planning out the space.
And then the mood board I pulled together after pulling all of my ideas into one place!
sources: peel and stick wallpaper | faucet | cabinet knobs | basket | marble subway tile | marble herringbone tile | light fixture
Here's my to- do list:
- wallpaper the walls (should I do the insides of the cabinets too?)
- painting the cabinetry (and possibly the ceiling)
- changing out the hardware (of course)
- retiling the floor and backsplash with some pretty marble tile
- swapping out the countertop, ideally something similar to what we will replace the kitchen countertops with eventually
- new faucet
- new light fixture - goodbye boob light!
- changing out the window blinds for something a bit softer
- build a surround for the washer and dryer so it looks a bit more built in and cohesive with everything
- change out the hooks in the built-ins for something prettier (I've been collecting a few antique finds for this!)
- style the hell out of all of it!
I think that's it! I'm still such a newbie renovator that the schedule of this space is a bit intimidating for me- I have tile, countertops, and plumbing to deal with and I'm unsure of the exact order everything needs to happen so this schedule may end up getting swapped around a bit, but here's what I'm thinking initially.
Week 1- room reveal and the plan (that's this!)
Week 2- pick a paint color, paint, choose fabric for the window treatments, find a countertop remnant
Week 3- DIY some window treatments
Week 4- time to wallpaper!
Week 5- tile floors
Week 6- install countertop and new faucet and tile backsplash
Week 7- build the washer and dryer surround, paint it, install the new light fixture
Week 8- new hardware, styling, and the reveal!
I can't wait to see how this space starts to shape up and I hope you follow along!
Want to read more?
Last year's one room challenge reveal